The CMA urges our runners to sign up to Race4Charity. Runners can create their individual Race4Charity Profiles. I've put a few instructions down below to assist them.
1. The runner must already be entered for Comrades 2017. (If they are waiting to substitute an entry they will need to wait until this opens on 14 March, and can do it when they complete their entry online.)
2. The runner needs to log on to his/her 2017 Comrades entry on the Comrades Website using his user name and password. Go to 2017 Entry update and log in. All runners who entered online should have their username and password. If not they can contact the Comrades office on 033 897 8650
3. Edit the profile.
4. Go to the Products & Charity tab
5. Click yes to "Do you want to create your own fundraising page?" at the bottom of the screen
6. Choose your charity, target amount and tell us a bit about yourself. Finally, update your profile.
7. Runners can now direct people to their fundraising page. This is found on the home page of the Comrades website on the runners start list. Type in the runners name in the search box.
8. Click on the Fundraiser icon next to their name to go their fundraising page:
9. Click to donate, leave your message of support and follow the link to the payment portal.
10. The runner can copy the URL from the site and send the direct link to their fundraising page to their supporters and friends to donate.